Division/Department: Finance Department
Reporting To : General Manager
Hours : Full-time, Sunday- Thursday from 9am- 5pm, Friday & Saturday off
Location: The Littlest Lamb - Orabi
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Financial Controller will report to the Executive Director and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The FC will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the organization.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
- Must reside in close proximity to Orabi.
- 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development, property management, and/ or construction industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Executive Director, the GM, their Department Head, and/or their immediate Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications in order to be reasonably accommodating to individuals with a disability. The employee has read the above job description and understands the duties and requirements expected of them. The employee will ask for clarification of those areas that they did not clearly understand. The employee also understands that if he/she continues to have questions or new questions arise, they are immediately to discuss these questions with their supervisor.