Psychosocial Counselor/ Program Officer
Division/Department: Programs/ Mental Health Department
Location: The Littlest Lamb - Orabi
Contract Duration : Minimum 12 Months
Hours : 40 Hours a week / 5 days a week including two Weekend shifts a Month
The psychosocial counselor is an executive agent for psychological and social development and rehabilitation. PCs provide psychological support and therapy for in-house children according to TLL program guidelines. The program involves ABA, Triple P Parenting, tf-CBT and attachment based therapy approaches. Intervention strategies are both directive and non-directive, with the use of play and art channels. In parallel PCs work with under-privileged children outside of Birdrock, executing the same program approaches but in different settings (schools, neighbourhoods, orphanages… etc.)
- Screen intake children for diagnosis.
- Identify psychological symptoms
- Execute treatment and development programs for trauma and attachment disorders.
- Execute behavioral management and modification programs.
- Build psychotherapeutic relationships with in-house children.
- Provide information on pertinent psychological issues, concerns and developments.
- Ensure complete documentation of cases.
- Plan and execute camp-like activities.
- Bachelor of Psychology, or related field.
- 0 – 3 years of experience in psychology.
- Written and spoken English mandatory.
- Professional Experiences:
- Experience in Mental health
- Experience within a multidisciplinary team
- Interest in working with children and trauma
- Enthusiastic and entertaining capabilities
- Communication aptitude
- Innovative and initiation skills
- Good knowledge on mental health approaches, promotion, and treatment models
- Good writing and reporting skills
Interested candidates should send their CVs along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with the title subject: Psychosocial Counselor.